Expedition: LEAF International: Haiti Expedition
Program: 7 Day Expedition of LEAF International programs and partners in Haiti
Dates: Fri. June 30 (or Sat. July 1 depending flight times) – Fri. July 7, 2017
Trip Price: $795 (Land Only, Not including Flight)
Payment Due: Upon Registration before June 15, 2017
Maximum Number of Participants: 15
Travel to Haiti with LEAF and be immersed in culture, connection, history, and magic. Culture Keepers, LEAF International Teaching Artists, and other Guest Artists will be teaching, sharing, and creating an extraordinary journey into Haitian culture and arts. LEAF partners, Prosjekt Haiti and Boukman Eksperymans, are extraordinary hosts. This is not a fancy tourist journey. This is a cultural expedition where you will make life-long friends, connections, learning, understanding, and expand your own dance and music skills. Prosjekt Haiti is an extraordinary NGO that truly responds to the needs of their youth and families such as creating businesses to employ families such as a bakery, tailor shop, and securing housing post-earthquake. They are dear LEAF friends and partners. LEAF Teaching Artists of Hip-Hop and Bellydance, Lisa Zahiya along with another LEAF Teaching Artist/Staff will also be joining this amazing journey. Enjoy!
Receipt of payment and registration prior to the deadline will confirm space and contracted pricing listed above.
LEAF International, along with their Haitian partners, agrees to provide each of the following goods and services for the duration of the tour to each participant:
- Private bus transportation and driver as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers to/from PAP (Port Au Prince Airport)
- Accommodations: Port Au Prince Guesthouse (1-2 nights), Prosjekt Haiti Guesthouse (4 nights), and Hotel Visa Lodge (1 night)
- Entrance fees to all program sites and activities listed on the itinerary
- Demonstrations and from LEAF International teaching artists and students
- Opportunities for free time on the beach and the communities visited
- All meals as indicated on the itinerary (meals that are part of free time are on own)
Discovery Expeditions agrees to provide each of the following services for LEAF International:
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($5,000,000)
- Complete tour participant accounting including option to pay by credit card
- Optional Comprehensive Accident, Medical, Liability, and Travel Protection/Cancellation/Interruption Insurance for the Land portion of the trip
Not included in the trip price:
- Airfare and baggage fees (to be purchased at the discretion and responsibility of each participant)
- Customs and immigration fees at airports or border crossings
- Various meals or drinks listed as “on own” in the itinerary when the group is dispersed for self-exploration
- Alcoholic beverages, to be purchased at your own discretion and responsibility
- Additional nights lodging or any additional days if one chooses to remain in country longer.
Itinerary: LEAF International Haiti Cultural Expedition June 30th - July 7th, 2017
NOTE: Each traveler is responsible for arranging their own flights, ensuring that their passport is secured and valid 6 months beyond the trip dates, and getting themselves to Port au Prince by 1:00pm Saturday June 25th. Please email your flight itinerary to international@theLEAF.org so you can be added to the airport transfer schedule.
June 30th Friday or July 1st Saturday, Depending each travelers flight: Arrive to Port au Prince (PAP)
- Arrive to Prosjekt Haiti Port Au Prince Guesthouse
- Saturday 2pm gathering & welcome.
- Visit Pantheon Museum, Hotel Olofson, shop for Haitian art or visit Fort jaques in Kenscoff.
- Dance/drum workshop welcome with youth in LEAF programs & Boukman Eksperymans artists.
- On your own options if arriving earlier than Sat. June 25th: nice day excursion not too far from PAP is Saut D’Eau, a magical place for Haitians where miracles have happened. http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/sodo
July 2nd, Sunday: St Louis du Sud (4 nights)
- Drive to St. Luis De Sud (van/cars)
- Beach Ceremony
- Stay at Prosjekt Haiti Ocean View Guesthouse
July 3rd, Monday – July 6th, Thursday Noonish: Summer Music Camp by the Ocean
- Haitian Dance & drum workshops all week.
- Dance & drum workshops with the kids in St Louis du Sud
July 6th Thursday
- After lunch, LEAF crew says goodbye to their Haitian & Norwegian friends and returns to PAP
- Stay at Hotel Visa Lodge in PAP www.visalodge.com
- Thursday night finale’ dinner in PAP
July 7th Friday
- Everyone departs or extends their own Haitian adventures such as to Jacmel.
- You may choose to stay an additional night. Contact
| ...Partnering With...